Things to Do in Edmonton
Visit Four Points Edmonton Gateway and experience our great location near all the amazing shopping, attractions, festivals, and exciting things to do in Edmonton. We are also located close to many major corporations, including IBM Canada, BioWare, Intuit Canada, and other sites that make up the local flavor of Edmonton.
- West Edmonton Mall - West Edmonton Mall is the largest shopping mall in North America and the fifth largest in the world. Covering an impressive 5.3 million square feet, The West Edmonton Mall has over 800 stores and over 110 dining establishments.
- Rodgers Place - This indoor hockey arena and concert venue can seat up to 20,000 people and is home to the NHL Edmonton Oilers and WHL Edmonton Oil Kings.
- Royal Alberta Museum - Set in a park just west of downtown is one of Canada's most popular museums. The Royal Alberta Museum offers a full range of exhibitions and activities for every age level and interest. Feature exhibitions at the Museum are changing all the time. Behind the scenes, 13 curatorial programs are responsible for building and making accessible some of the finest cultural and natural history collections in the country.
- Edmonton Valley Zoo - The Edmonton Valley Zoo is home to more than 300 wild creatures – from tigers to red pandas and lemurs to sea lions and wolves. Open year-round except for Christmas Day.
- Edmonton Queen Riverboat - A unique attraction in the heart of downtown Edmonton where visitors can experience one of the most picturesque views of the river valley and city in a relaxing atmosphere. Enjoy a family-friendly cruise or romantic dinner for two, Edmonton Queen sails four days a week.
- Jurassic Forest - A prehistoric dinosaur park near Edmonton, Alberta, where families can discover and learn in an outdoor environment. Human visitors to the Forest will enjoy guided safaris with expert Jurassic Forest staff. Additionally, guests can watch dinosaurs in action, dig for ancient remains and camp and picnic in a land populated with plants and animals that ruled the planet 250 million years ago.
- Telus World of Science and IMAX - This broad-based science centre located on the southwest corner of Coronation Park offers science lovers a variety of exhibits and galleries. Features an IMAX theater and numerous other programs suitable for children and adults of all ages to enjoy. Operated by the Edmonton Space & Science Foundation.
- Winspear Centre - Home of the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Winspear Centre is located in the heart of Edmonton's vibrant downtown.
- Old Strathcona - A historic district located in south-central Edmonton, once the commercial core of the separate city of Strathcona, is now the area's main arts and entertainment district. Visitors can enjoy live music and theatre, shopping, festivals, restaurants, and more.
- Whyte Avenue - Take a 15-minute car or taxi ride to Edmonton’s trendiest area. Whyte Avenue is home to antique stores, unique local shops, hair salons, busy restaurants, and a vibrant nightlife.
- Edmonton Queen Riverboat
- Edmonton Valley Zoo
- Jurassic Forest
- Old Strathcona
- Rogers Place
- Royal Alberta Museum
- Telus World of Science and IMAX
- West Edmonton Mall
- Whyte Avenue
- Winspear Centre